Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

July happenings.

Not too much happening on the adoption front but there are a few exciting things.  We had a meeting with YWAM on Monday night that went really well.  We found out that there are some kids in the orphan homes but none of them are referral ready yet.  They are still waiting on a few documents to be signed.  We are hoping and praying that in the next few weeks these documents will be signed and we will know who our child is.

Also, we are extremely excited to have our fingerprinting done on Monday.  We are hopeful that by the end of next week we will have our I171H (the approval from the US government to adopt) in hand and then we can finish up our Dossier to send to Ethiopia. Also...

We received our background checks from the State of Illinois for our Dossier.


I received the cutest, mini invitation in the mail for our baby shower!


I received this hand me down stroller from my sister-in-law, Julie, along with a car seat.  I'm so thankful.


 We're feeling excited and very content, knowing that God has our child in His hands.  It's easy to get caught up in the timing issues and trying to feel in control of this situation but I'm thankful that we serve a big God who knows all and is in complete control of every detail.  Thanks for your continued prayers.

 Oh, I almost forgot.  Thanks for your prayers for our friends, Doug and Rachel.  They passed court and are officially parents to a beautiful little boy named, Bonsa!  Check out her blog to see pictures.  We could not be more excited for them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment